Archive for June, 2010
Out of all the home improvement projects, few can provide the benefits of a bathroom remodeling project. Remodeling the bathroom is a great way to add real value to your home. On the plus side of that, it will increase the enjoyment level of yourself and your family.
There are a number of things to consider before undertaking such a major project. They are:
1. Keep your eye on the ball. It is important to see the bathroom remodeling project as a whole project. Even though there are many small hurdles to tackle, it is important to see the project as a whole.
2. No remodeling project can be successful without a realistic budget. Take the time to draw up an honest budget, and try your best to stick to it.
3. Get a reliable contractor. For most people, remodeling the bathroom is not a do it yourself project. It is important to find a contractor who has experience with plumbing and remodeling bathrooms.
4. Get a detailed inspection of your bathroom done before you start. A good idea would be to have a plumber inspect your bathroom for leaks and other problems before you start.
5. Now is your chance to be more energy efficient. Chances are you will be able to save money in the long run by installing low flow toilets, water saving showerheads and other energy efficient fixtures.
6. Stay organized. Proper organization is essential to a successful bathroom remodeling project. Use a calendar to keep track of important deadlines, and remain organized as you go forward.
7. Draw your proposed bathroom design. If you want a larger bathtub, or even a jettub, be sure to draw it out and make sure you have enough space. There is also software where you can input your design including fixtures, furniture, flooring and more. Either way works great.
8. Storage space is at a premium in many modern bathrooms. See if you can remodel to gain more cabinet and storage space.
9. Be sure to shop around for what you need in order to get the best price. The prices on the same fixtures can vary quite a bit between stores.
10. A fresh coat of paint can make a huge difference when remodeling the bathroom, but many people fail to take this important and inexpensive step.
I also suggest that you go out and have fun looking at the bathrooms in show homes. They have all of the latest trends in the marketplace and will save you much time and effort in trying to come up with ideas yourself. This would be a great aid in the placement of fixtures and you can see, for example how important cupboards and storage are. The main thing to remember is have fun and enjoy the project and your new bathroom!
The inclusion of tiles in the kitchen design of your kitchen is a good way to bring the beauty of your tables and cabinets.
Tile kitchen is another important addition to the kitchen. Because kitchen tiles of all colors, sizes and materials that you can mix different colors to produce certain design elements such as building stone or marble appearance.
kitchen tiles is not only used for floors and walls, such as countertops or tile splash in the specialty with a unique design. decorative tile backsplashes go with granite or Corian countertops and tile.
kitchen decorative tiles can be used in different ways in a tiled room. Most painted ceramic tiles, due to its wide range of colors and designs.
ceramic tile kitchen. ceramic clay, talc and other minerals, and after training, the pictures are subject to firing at high temperatures.
Since the tiled kitchen materials prepared at high temperatures, the production, so that the tracks lead to heat very well. This makes tile the perfect material for kitchen countertops. You do not burn when hot pots on the counter.
Ceramic tiles made in different colors and individually can fit in a certain color. New trends in kitchen tile. Custom mosaics can be used to create a mural on the kitchen floor. Pre-mosaics are also sold to create murals. Fresco with backsplash can really add color to your kitchen. Kitchen backsplash ceramic attractive than granite.
Kitchen countertops ceramic tiles are the right choice for renovation and kitchen cabinet tile kitchen renovation has to provide good durability and the advantage of heat resistance.
Country Kitchen works especially well on a vertical surface, a solid surface, resistant to stains and dirt. On vertical surfaces less susceptible to stains on the ceilings. Kitchen tiles and waterproof, so they are beneficial to all kitchens.
Although the tiles in the kitchen have many advantages, care must be taken to clean the seams. The solution is to clean the stains. Kitchen tiles can chip and crack should be replaced.
Kitchen Porcelain is very strong and resistant to scratches or chips, as is done by the top and bottom of the same material. China kitchen can be used to look like real stone, because the pictures are similar in structure and color.
Glass tile kitchen were once very expensive, but in recent years more comfortable. May be limited or to create beautiful mosaics used in a variety of colors and has a unique ability to reflect light, if you bring the beauty of each tile.